There’s been no official word of a Battle Royale coming to this year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but datamining is ripe with details. A post made to the /r/modernwarfare subreddit from known dataminer Senescallo has dumped locations and mechanic details with a few glimpses of images from the game files.
While none of this has any official confirmation, you should definitely watch out for some of these to be implemented when Battle Royale is inevitably confirmed.
Zones: Airfield, Boneyard, Dam, Downtown, Gulag, Hospital, Layover, Lumber, Overgrown, Port, Quarry, Storage Town, Supercenter, Trainyard, TV Station
Points of Interest: Bank, Fire Station, Gas Station, Gun Store, Pharmacy,Police Station
Eliminate all opponents to win.
Default Options (Public Match)
- Player Count: 200
- Playlists: Solo (1), Duos (2), and Squads (4)
- End-Game Radar: On
- Infiltration Option: C130
- Pre-Game Lobby Free-for-All: On
- Post-Game Exfiltration: Off
- Max Health: 150
- Last Stand Health: 100
- Last Stand Revive Health: 30
- Last Stand Timer: 60s
- Last Stand Revive Time: 7s
- Friendly Fire Punish Limit: 2
- Gulag: On
Additional Options (Private Match)
- Infiltration Options: C130, Convoy, Blackhawk
- Starting Weapon: Fists, G21 Pistol, MP5, M4A1, Knife
- Enable BR Loot: Turns on loot on supported maps.
- Circle Star Size Override: Size of the damage circle at map start. Default match starts with no circle. Use this for smaller matches.
- Circle Damage Multiplier
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player. To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match. At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns. Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Battle Royale features Missions which can be looted via finding tablets. Only one Mission can be active for a Squad at a time.
- Timed Run
- Assassination (Eliminate specific player)
- Scavenger Hunt (Collect Scavenger Crates)
- Domination (Capture Domination Point)
- Random (Random Mission)
If no Bounty is available for the Assassination Mission, Consolation Plunder will be awarded. When a Mission is started or completed, the entire Squad will be notified by an on-screen message.
- Fulton Recovery Device placed
- Fulton Balloon successfully away
- Fulton Balloon shot down
- Players have the ability to mark Vehicles, Locations, Items, Enemies, and Dangerous Locations
- Battle Royale will have its own slice on the Main Menu
The Jump Master of a Squad can select a deployment point prior to the match start. If the Jump Master chooses to discard the role, any player can become it. Players who are not the Jump Master have the ability to jump separately from the team, if you detach from the Jump Master, you will not drop in proximity to your loadout bag.
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Limited inventory space
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon
- Cannot take Armor of lower level than currently equipped
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30 Reduces the effect of Flash and Concussion grenades
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 15
- Ballistic Vest LVL 1: Absorbs 50 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 2: Absorbs 150 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 3: Absorbs 150 damage and increases healing item usage by 25
- High Alert: Grants vision when an enemy looks at you from outside of your FoV.
- Spotter: Enemy equipment within a small radius is visible and highlighted to you, even through walls.
- Tracker: Enemies leave footprints as they move, and increased crouch movement speed.
- Stalker: Faster movement while aiming down sight.
- Marksman: Allows you to identify enemies from farther away by showing their names at a greater distance.
- Sleight of Hand: Reload your weapons 50% faster than normal.
- Armorer: You use armor plates 20% faster, and they supply 10% more armor.
- Artisan Tastes: Weapons you pick up have a chance to automatically upgrade.
- Deep Pockets: Any usable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Grenadier: Any throwable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Healer: Your medic items continue to heal for an additional 25% of their value over the next 20 seconds.
- Thief: When you Harvest, generate 20% more plunder.
- Ammo Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some ammunition.
- Armor Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some armor plates.
- Medic Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some medic items.
- Plunder Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some Plunder.
- Bounty Hunter: If you kill someone with more Perks than you, gain enough points to match them, and then you can replace this perk.
- Ghost: You are invisible to drones and sensors.
- Sneaky: Your Footsteps are invisible, and enemies are not warned when you track them.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal: Explosive Resistance, and you can capture enemy claymores and mines.
- Killstreaks activated using Lethal and Tactical buttons
- Juggernauts cannot pick up Loot
UAV Satellite Trucks must be charged before scanning an area. Once used, they will remain on cooldown for some time before coming back online.
- Mobile Armory: Retrieve loadouts, can only be used once per activation
- Armory Kiosk
Earn Plunder by completing missions and eliminating enemies. Purchase game changing items at plunder box locations.
Collect Plunder and convert it into XP by depositing it into ATM machines located throughout the game.
- The player who collects the most Plunder in a match will be named the Best Plunderer
- There is a minimum amount of Plunder required before depositing it into the Bank
- Plunder dropped from eliminated enemies expires after some time
- When players enter a Bank, the Bank Alarm will sound, alerting all enemies within the vicinity
Gulag Prison Camp
1 on 1, single round match. Win to respawn.
When enabled, players will have a chance to respawn back into the match by winning a 1v1 fight. The Gulag acts as a King of the Hill style gauntlet, meaning players in the Gulag Queue will spectate the players who are currently fighting in the Gulag. There will be a countdown on the screen indicating how many rounds are left until you fight. A Jail Break happens every so often and kicks all players out of the Gulag and back into the match. Players have the ability to place bets on the players who are fighting using Plunder.
Any first impressions? If you’re looking forward to this or not, let us know in the comments. Don’t forget to check us out on YouTube for Modern Warfare gameplay!